Clear, plastic and virtually invisible – these aligners get results.
Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic system that straightens teeth without the need for conventional braces.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign uses a series of virtually invisible aligners to move your teeth into position. These aligners are removable and look a bit like thin sports mouthguards. Custom-made to your teeth, they slot over your upper and lower teeth and, because they’re made from clear plastic, no one can tell you’re having treatment.
How do the aligners move your teeth?
If Invisalign is deemed to be the most appropriate orthodontic treatment method for you, you will be issued with a series of aligners to use over the course of your treatment. These aligners must be changed every two weeks to encourage your teeth to move little by little, week by week, until they reach their final position, as prescribed by your orthodontist.
You will be issued with three or four sets of aligners each time you visit the orthodontist, which will be approximately every eight weeks.
Types of Invisalign
Invisalign is a very popular treatment method with both our adult and teenage patients. This is because Invisalign is one of the most discreet treatment options available. There are four different types of Invisalign so it is easy to find the type that suits you.
- Invisalign full: The original Invisalign treatment method consists of a series of aligners worn over a period of between 12 and 24 months and is suitable for the majority of orthodontic cases. They are a viable alternative to traditional metal braces and get great results with the added bonus of being virtually invisible.
- Invisalign Teen: As the name suggests, Invisalign Teen is Invisalign’s very own version of aligners for teenagers. While the aligners look the same as the full Invisalign sets, Invisalign Teen aligners come with a blue dot wear indicator to help your teen keep track of how often they’re wearing them, which needs to be 22 hours per day for the best results.
- Invisalign Lite & Invisalign i7: These two versions of Invisalign are the fast treatment options. Designed to fix minor problems associated with the front six upper and lower teeth, Invisalign Lite can get results in as little as six months, while Invisalign i7 can get results in as little as three. These Invisalign options are popular with brides-to-be or for patients who only want or need minor corrections.
3 benefits of Invisalign
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are removable which enables you to take them out when eating, brushing or flossing. You can also take them out for playing sports and musical instruments, or for important personal or professional occasions, such as photographs or client meetings.
- Results: Invisalign technology allows your orthodontist to create a 3D treatment plan for you. This enables you to see, in virtual reality, the movement your teeth will make over the course of treatment. In other words, you can see what your teeth will look like at the end of treatment, before you’ve even started!
- Custom-made: Each set of aligners that you wear throughout the course of treatment will be custom-made to your teeth. This not only increases the success of your treatment but means the result you get is the best for you.
Please note, Invisalign is only available for private patients.
Book a free consultation with us at Neo Orthodontics today to find out more about Invisalign.
15 Market Street
01670 812 750Directions & Opening Times
79 Station Road
01670 812750Directions & Opening Times
9 Beaumont Street
0844 375 6930Directions & Opening Times
98 - 100 Close
Newcastle Upon Tyne
0191 232 6952Directions & Opening Times