Ashington 0844 3756 930
Nothing beats a sincere and honest smile. Throughout your day-to-day life an enhanced smile can give you more confidence and enable you to feel happier along with making the best impression!
If you're after a smile that enhances your appearance, Invisible braces are the treatment for you. Despite the many orthodontic options out there, no alternative works with the ease of invisible clear braces. Invisible braces are the optimum way to change your smile without affecting your lifestyle.
Invisalign can help you achieve the smile you have always wanted. It is...
- Invisible - so no one can tell you're straightening your teeth. So now you can smile more during treatment as well as after.
- Removable - so you can eat and drink whatever you like whilst undergoing treatment and brush/floss as normal.
- Comfortable - as it is metal free and inobtrusive.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Each set of clear aligners is worn for 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. The aligners should be worn for at least 22 hours per day for the best results.
As each aligner is replaced by the next, the teeth will move gradually until they have straightened to the final position.
You will visit your orthodontist once every 6-8 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is 18-30, but this will vary from case to case.
Hidden "Lingual" Braces
Lingual braces are the ideal choice for individuals of all ages who would like to have their teeth straightened discreetly yet most accurately. The difference between lingual braces and traditional braces is that they are placed behind your teeth so no one will ever know unless YOU tell them.They are created using state of the art technology and are completely customised to the shape of your teeth and to your dental situation. Your orthodontist will build in a unique prescription to get the results that you want.
Incognito braces are the only 100% customised fixed appliance system for invisible orthodontic treatment on the UK market today.
The Damon System is not just about revolutionary braces and wires, it's a whole new way of treating patients. Traditional treatment often requires removal of healthy teeth and/or the use of palatal expanders to make space. This approach is often uncomfortable, takes longer, and can leave a narrower arch and a flat profile. Damon smiles are full, natural 10-tooth smiles achieved with light biologically-sensible forces, and are specifically designed to improve the overall facial result of each patient.
Damon braces combine three key components, which when used together, deliver faster treatment, fewer appointments, greater comfort, and consistent high-quality results:
- Damon passive self-ligating braces that eliminate the need for elastic or metal "ties". With Damon tie-less braces you can experience treatment without tightening.
- Light high-technology shape-memory wires that move teeth faster and require fewer adjustments.
- A new clinically proven treatment approach that aligns your teeth and enhances your facial aesthetics—usually without extractions or rapid palatal expanders.
Tooth Coloured Braces
Tooth coloured aesthetic braces are the clear alternative to metal braces. Unlike traditional metal braces tooth coloured braces are more discreet. These are extremely popular with adult orthodontic treatments where aesthetics are important or for nervous younger patients who may be concerned about having visible braces.Tooth coloured braces do not stain or discolour throughout treatment.
Non Extraction Treatment
With conventional braces, orthodontists are often forced to remove teeth in order to create space for crowded teeth. No one likes to have teeth removed, and a smile with a full display of teeth often produces a broader, natural smile and a nicer profile. Wherever possible neo orthodontists utilise sensible forces which work with the body's natural adaptive processes to create space naturally, in order to treat most cases without extractions.
In the few cases which still require extraction, space is made to improve facial balance and symmetry to provide a natural smile and profile that will last as you age.
Also known as orthopaedic braces, a functional brace is worn on the upper and lower teeth at the same time in order to correct the way upper and lower teeth fit over each other. For example a functional brace may be used to correct very protruding upper or lower front teeth, improve the way molar teeth bite together, or even improve your facial profile so that the jaws look more aligned with each other when you look at the face in profile.
How do they work?
Functional braces work best in growing children and adolescents. It is evident that functional braces deliver their effects in a combination of ways. They may promote or modify growth of the jaws, adapt the soft tissues and muscles of the face to new positions, move whole groups of teeth at the same time or change the angulation of teeth.
How long do they take?
Treatment with functional braces usually takes between 9-12 months. You need to attend for regular appointments so that your brace is adjusted and your tooth movements are checked.
Why haven’t fixed braces been used instead?
Different braces have different functions. Treatment sometimes involves wearing functional braces which act to bring about specific changes which fixed braces may not be very efficient at achieving. Treatment with functional braces is usually (but not always) followed (or occasionally preceded) by fixed brace treatment.
Contrary to popular belief, braces are not limited to just the young growing individual. Young, old, male and female are equal candidates and can achieve equal results in achieving a straighter smile through orthodontic treatment.
At neo orthodontics we don’t just look at you r teeth we take the whole of you into account. The shape of your face, your profile and what you will look like for the rest of your life are important to us.
Many people see a noticeable change not just in their teeth, but in their entire face. For example the Damon brace produces:
- A fuller, wider smile
- Better facial balance and aesthetics
- Smoother cheek contours which make narrow smiles look fuller and more inviting
- Fewer dark triangles within the corners of your mouth
- Straighter, less crowded & crooked teeth
- Improved profiles…for a more youthful look at any age!
Many patients begin to see these dramatic results in as little as 10 weeks.
When it comes to looking better, many adults today are opting for extensive—and invasive—procedures like plastic surgery and facelifts but why not start with the single most dramatic change that can be achieved easily and comfortably and most cost-effectively i.e. a straighter brighter natural smile.
Tooth whitening can be done In-Chair or At-home.
As featured on hit TV shows such as “Extreme makeover” and “10 years younger” Neo Orthodontics offers Zoom Advanced Power Teeth Whitening. The very latest whitening systems can get your teeth up to 10 shades lighter in less than 1 hour.
Additionally/alternatively, professional take-home whitening kits enable patients to keep on top of their whitening regime, so that they can have a dazzling white smile all year round.
In-house professional tooth whitening
Also known as Laser Tooth Whitening this simple procedure starts with a short preparation to protect your lips and gums, leaving only your teeth uncovered. The Tooth Whitening Light and Tooth Whitening Gel combine to gently penetrate your teeth, breaking up stains and discolouration to produce the tooth whitening effect. A home tooth whitening maintenance kit can be provided that will keep your teeth sparkling.
At-Home Tooth Whitening
A home-whitening kit is available for your convenience should you prefer this. A whitening kit is provided along with instructions and your progress is monitored closely.
- Step 1 An accurate impression (mould) of your teeth is taken.
- Step 2 A custom-made whitening tray is fabricated by skilled dental technicians.
- Step 3 Whitening gel is applied to the trays and typically worn one hour daily for up to two weeks.You will receive ample professional tooth whitening gel to use with your custom-made tooth whitening trays.
FAQs about Professional Tooth Whitening
What is professional tooth whitening?
Tooth whitening can be a highly effective way of lightening the natural colour of your teeth without removing any of the tooth surface. Laser tooth whitening is the most effective method of lightening your teeth and your orthodontist will be able to tell you if you are suitable for treatment. Hydrogen Peroxide (in the form of Carbamide peroxide) is the active ingredient in professional tooth whitening products. As the active ingredient is broken down, oxygen penetrates into the tooth enamel and the tooth is made lighter from within.
Why would I need tooth whitening?
Tooth colour is predetermined during tooth development in the jaw. Teeth vary in colour, just like our eyes and hair, from person to person. Teeth also discolour as we age. Only a small percentage of people have naturally bright white teeth. Hence most people would benefit from professional tooth whitening.
Other causes of tooth discolouration and staining include:
- Tea/ coffee
How long will my tooth whitening effects last?
Our Laser teeth whitening effects can last up to 2 years. The tooth whitening effect may be reduced by eating or drinking excessive amounts of tooth staining substances or smoking. The tooth whitening maintenance kit should keep your teeth nice and bright for years.
What are the side effects?
A few individuals may find that their teeth become sensitive after treatment. Some have reported small white patches on the gums.These symptoms usually resolve within a few days.
What about home tooth whitening kits?
Home kits may be more cost-effective. Tooth whitening is a complicated procedure. Therefore you should have a detailed examination and assessment of your teeth by one of our professionals. Subsequent to this an appropriate home whitening kit and regime will be recommended. Over-the-counter kits are not recommended as they usually contain only a small concentration of hydrogen peroxide. These products have been known to cause pain, ulcers and damage to the gums if used incorrectly.
What about whitening toothpastes?
There are several tooth whitening toothpastes on the market. However, they do not affect the natural colour of the teeth and are often only partially effective at removing surface staining. Many of these toothpastes may be abrasive to the tooth surface and cause permanent damage.
We at Neo Orthodontics believe in “Tooth friendly smile makeovers.” We always encourage treatment that involves the least destruction to your tooth substance, thus giving you the most healthy, natural and long-lasting result.
What impact does your smile have on your life?
Are you unhappy with your smile? Do you want to change your smile to improve the colour, shape or length of your teeth? Or change the appearance of your gums or lips to give your overall smile a more appealing look?
A recent survey revealed that:
- Over 75% of people don’t feel confident to smile in a photograph.
- Over 45% of people make judgements about people by the look of their smile.
- Over 75% of people think that a beautiful smile helps people psychologically.
- Over 65% of people think that an attractive smile helps romantically.
What is a smile makeover?
A smile makeover involves one or more cosmetic, dental or facial rejuvenation procedures to improve the aesthetics of your smile. A smile makeover to one person could mean something completely different to another, and it is a very individual choice. For example, some people want the perfectly white Hollywood smile makeover, or the celebrity smile with pearly white porcelain veneers. Other people may just want a simple improvement, such as the replacement of amalgam fillings with composite and teeth whitening.
How can a smile makeover improve my smile?
Whatever the reasons for your dissatisfaction with your smile, there are many different ways in which you can improve your smile using modern cosmetic dentistry:
- Crooked teeth can be straightened with Invisalign braces or conventional orthodontics.
- Chipped, broken teeth can be repaired – the treatment will depend on the extent of damage, but the options include cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers or porcelain crowns.
- Missing teeth can be replaced – gaps between your teeth can cause functional problems as well as being unsightly. Often, a smile makeover involves the replacement of existing restorations or gaps between teeth. Solutions include dental implants, a dental bridge or a denture.
- Gaps between your teeth can be closed to give your smile a more even look. Invisalign invisible braces, the Inman aligner, Damon braces, lingual braces and fixed orthodontics are just a few options for moving your teeth to close gaps.
- If you have a gummy smile, this can easily be remedied by surgical or laser gum contouring. An orthodontic treatment plan will also build this into consideration and the situation can often be improved with orthodontics alone.
- If you are not satisfied with the colour of your teeth, or if you have badly stained teeth, they can be treated with professional teeth whitening.
- If you have deep smile lines, frown lines or lips that have lost their fullness, these can all be improved using a combination of Botox and dermal filler treatments.
The end result of a smile makeover for many people is a smile to be proud of, one that is straight, white and perfectly aligned.
How much does a smile makeover cost?
This will depend on many factors:
- The treatment required.
- The skill and training of your cosmetic dentists.
- The clinic where the treatment is carried out.
- The quality of materials used for your work.
- A smile makeover can cost from as little as a few hundred pounds.