Ashington 0844 3756 930
We at Neo Orthodontics believe in “Tooth friendly smile makeovers.” We always encourage treatment that involves the least destruction to your tooth substance, thus giving you the most healthy, natural and long-lasting result.
What impact does your smile have on your life?
Are you unhappy with your smile? Do you want to change your smile to improve the colour, shape or length of your teeth? Or change the appearance of your gums or lips to give your overall smile a more appealing look?
A recent survey revealed that:
- Over 75% of people don’t feel confident to smile in a photograph.
- Over 45% of people make judgements about people by the look of their smile.
- Over 75% of people think that a beautiful smile helps people psychologically.
- Over 65% of people think that an attractive smile helps romantically.
What is a smile makeover?
A smile makeover involves one or more cosmetic, dental or facial rejuvenation procedures to improve the aesthetics of your smile. A smile makeover to one person could mean something completely different to another, and it is a very individual choice. For example, some people want the perfectly white Hollywood smile makeover, or the celebrity smile with pearly white porcelain veneers. Other people may just want a simple improvement, such as the replacement of amalgam fillings with composite and teeth whitening.
How can a smile makeover improve my smile?
Whatever the reasons for your dissatisfaction with your smile, there are many different ways in which you can improve your smile using modern cosmetic dentistry:
- Crooked teeth can be straightened with Invisalign braces or conventional orthodontics.
- Chipped, broken teeth can be repaired – the treatment will depend on the extent of damage, but the options include cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers or porcelain crowns.
- Missing teeth can be replaced – gaps between your teeth can cause functional problems as well as being unsightly. Often, a smile makeover involves the replacement of existing restorations or gaps between teeth. Solutions include dental implants, a dental bridge or a denture.
- Gaps between your teeth can be closed to give your smile a more even look. Invisalign invisible braces, the Inman aligner, Damon braces, lingual braces and fixed orthodontics are just a few options for moving your teeth to close gaps.
- If you have a gummy smile, this can easily be remedied by surgical or laser gum contouring. An orthodontic treatment plan will also build this into consideration and the situation can often be improved with orthodontics alone.
- If you are not satisfied with the colour of your teeth, or if you have badly stained teeth, they can be treated with professional teeth whitening.
- If you have deep smile lines, frown lines or lips that have lost their fullness, these can all be improved using a combination of Botox and dermal filler treatments.
The end result of a smile makeover for many people is a smile to be proud of, one that is straight, white and perfectly aligned.
How much does a smile makeover cost?
This will depend on many factors:
- The treatment required.
- The skill and training of your cosmetic dentists.
- The clinic where the treatment is carried out.
- The quality of materials used for your work.
- A smile makeover can cost from as little as a few hundred pounds.